(In My Mailbox started over on The Story Siren blog…visit there for details.)
I’ve got a wonderful stash this week! None of them actually arrived in my mailbox — they came from the library, from two different indie bookstores, and from a friend.
Borrowed from a friend:
- THE FOLK KEEPER, by Franny Billingsley (reading now, and loving it)
- THE WHALE RIDER, by Witi Ihimaera
- I’LL BE THERE, by Holly Goldberg Sloan (hadn’t heard of this one, but picked it up based on the cover blurb)
- I’LL BE WATCHING, by Pamela Porter (I read her earlier verse novel, The Crazy Man, and it was excellent)
- ONE YEAR IN COAL HARBOUR, by Polly Horvath (a companion novel to EVERYTHING ON A WAFFLE)
- LIAR & SPY, by Rebecca Stead (somehow, I hadn’t heard about this new release, so was delighted to find it!)
Borrowed from the library:
- THE ANATOMY OF WINGS, by Karen Foxlee (someone raved about this one online, so I had to check it out)
- WILD MEDICINE OF COASTAL BRITISH COLUMBIA, by Kahlee Keane (the lone non-fiction in the pile this week )
- THE LAST LIFE, by Claire Messud (don’t remember where I heard about this one, but it sounds really good!)
Have you read any of these books? Which one should I read after THE FOLK KEEPER?